Stuffed Baked Apples

 
Baked apples: a quick and easy dessert recipe.

I love to make baked apples. I always look forward to the wonderful scent of the apples and cinnamon baking together filling the kitchen....Yummy! There’s just something so comforting about warm stuffed baked apple. 

baked apple

My love for baked apples started recently when my daughter  kept on making them while she and her family were staying with us.  Since her husband doesn't like cinnamon, ( I know, totally weird, right ?) she would bake them all “naturelle”, than served them with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.  Not bad, but since I do like cinnamon, I was eager to make my own version of baked apples.  So I came up with this simple, easy  filling. Now this is truly a fall dessert after my own heart. I like it. Hope you will too.

IMG_7065
 
Ingredients:
8 medium Macintosh apples
1 cup Harvest Crunch Original granola cereal
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter (or margarine)
1/4 cup water
Vanilla ice cream, optional for serving

IMG_7076

Directions:
Wash apples and using an apple corer, or a pairing knife  remove the core completely. Do not peal. I used Macintosh but other kind, like Jonagold works too. You just may need to adjust the baking time slightly.

In a small bowl stir together granola, brown sugar, pecans  and cinnamon.

Arrange cored apples into a glass baking  pan. Using a small spoon, stuff each apple with the granola mix. Don't worry if some falls in the pan.

Divide the butter and place about 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of the filling on each apple.

Pour the water in between the apples. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until apples feel tender when pressed. Keep an eye on them so they don’t over bake and burst and become mushy.

Once done, remove from oven. Let cool slightly before serving.

Great served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (and whipped cream if you really want to indulge).

Makes: 8 serving

IMG_7059

Enjoy!
 
Leia’s Culinary Treasures


Comments